Poughkeepsie District

Poughkeepsie District



Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hope to stay here awhile ~ Teaching!

This week has been good! I am starting to remember my French. We were teaching a lesson to a Haitian lady, Yolene, and she started speaking in French and I understood about 90% of what she said! I thought of the Article of Faith where it talked about the gift of
tongues. I know I was being helped.

Elder Bednar's talk to us was awesome! He made us promise that we wouldn't send stuff that he said to our parents due to the fact that we say to you may be a "half-baked idea" as to what he was actually trying to say. The spirit was quite strong when he was in the room and it was even stronger when he started speaking. Great day!

I think that it is interesting that they only have branches in Russia. I have yet to serve in a branch (although Kingston maybe should have been a branch?(I heard that they got a new bishop!)

We had an interesting conversation yesterday. It was about what had been prophesied that is going on today. So we read Joseph Smith-Matthew. A lot of what had been prophesied is going on today. It is all true!

You know what is weird? I don't have anymore Februarys (aries?) in the mission. It's going so fast! I hope that I can stay in Norwalk for awhile! Ever since leaving New Rochelle, I have only spent 2 cycles in each of my areas. This is my 2nd here. I have also had a companion for only 1 cycle ever since Elder Mills. Oh, well.

Hope everything is okay? Tell Kallie and the dogs hi for me. Bye for now.
- Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment